So BEFORE we can even get into the nitty gritty of the deep workings on our mothers we MUST be thinking more positively. So I have written this for you to understand that happiness comes from deep inside ourselves and not out there as many of us are conditioned to think. Some of us spend most of our lives searching and looking for the answers only to be continually disappointed.
Happiness is NOT out there, it’s in YOU!
Don’t you just love this quote? It really resonates with me as I have learnt over time to understand that looking outside of me for love, passion, fulfilment, and peace just doesn’t work. I have spent most of my life yearning for that love from my mother, craving the feelings of success from my trading career, wanting the delight of buying all the material things in my life to go on forever.
BUT the reality was a different story. The love from my mother never came, the successful feelings from my trading career were short lived and the excitement of buying all the material things around me faded. At the end of the day, nothing had really changed. Where was that happiness, why couldn’t I find it?
Quite simply I was looking in the wrong place!
HAPPINESS IS AN INSIDE JOB!
- I started to look inside ME and slowly over time I found that I didn’t need my mother’s love to make me happy, I didn’t need her approval to make me feel good, I had to feel good about me and me alone, first. And that’s what I did, I worked on ME.
- If you love what you do, you will be successful. For many years, I believed that my success would bring me happiness and this has been wrong on every account. Yes, I have been successful in many of the jobs I have undertaken but has that success made me happy? No, and simply because I didn’t LOVE what I was doing.
- I thought trading the futures market would bring me happiness because I did enjoy what I was doing BUT there was a missing ingredient for me which left me unfulfilled and that was I have a great NEED in me to be with people and not just numbers and screens.
- I had this belief that if I had more money and felt less stressed I would be happy but I’ve discovered it’s the other way round…….by being happy in my work and my life I am happy, less stressed, financially better off and even healthier!
- What we focus on really does become our reality – the fact was when I became happier, more positive things came my way, more opportunities opened up in my home life and in business – Like does attract like.
- So if feeling happier can make you better of financially, reduce stress, enjoy better health and make your life a whole lot better, what are you waiting for – START RIGHT NOW!
Here are a few things I did to increase my happiness straight away and you can try now:
- Stop looking outside to fulfil your needs, look inside to what makes you happy
- Increase your exercise or start walking if you don’t do much right now
- Do something today for someone else without any expectation of the outcome
- Take time out for YOU, just to be peaceful, enjoy your own company
- SMILE – it simply stops negativity in its tracks
- Push out of that comfort zone, take a risk, do something you wouldn’t normally do EVERY DAY
- Journal – start writing down the ‘good’ things that happen to you, over time you will see this grow and grow as your happiness gains traction!
- Consciously be aware of negative thoughts – simply being aware stops the negative energy increasing
- Sing – put the music on in the car or at home and sing your heart out and don’t worry about what others think.
Above all – keep going – you need to exercise your mind with these new practices just as if they were a muscle. The more you do them, the ‘fitter’ your mind will be.
Think about it today – being happy makes you more attractive – you feel good, you look good, your posture is better, you are healthier and wealthier so what are you waiting for!?
Every successful person I have ever met in life is happy and finds something positive in all that they do.
How do you keep yourself happy? Click below and make a start today.