Thought you might like this today.
Are you pressing the snooze button several times every morning?
Do you find yourself complaining before your day has even begun?
Are you checking your email before you’ve even washed your face?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, then it might be a sign that you’re missing out on the single most important thing that will determine the rest of your day… OR the rest of your life!
And that’s having a good morning ritual!
While there’s nothing wrong with checking your email, making this part of your morning routine can potentially create stress from the get-go.
Instead, start your day with something that uplifts you and nourishes your mind, so that you can fill your day with positivity and be ready to tackle any challenges ahead.
So today, I’d like to share with you 7 morning rituals that can change your life for the better:
1. Express gratitude. Sometimes we forget how amazing it is to simply wake up to a new day and be grateful for being alive. Every morning before you get up, repeat this aloud: “I AM grateful for this day” and see how your day changes.
2. Set your intention for the day. Every single thing that’s been created on earth started with a single thought and that thought carried an intention. And just as with things, we shape our life experiences in the same way. If you intend for something to happen, most probably you’ll take the necessary steps to create that change in your life. So before you embark on your journey, ask yourself, ‘What do I intend to get done today?’
3. Smile. Did you know that smiling has been shown to reduce stress, reduce blood pressure and boost your immune system? You’ll really be doing yourself a favor by smiling, even if it’s for no reason. Plus, it’s really difficult to stay angry when you’re smiling. 🙂
4. Stretch. Stretching in the morning not only helps melt away any grogginess, but it also helps to ‘warm up’ your mind for a productive day ahead. Before hopping in the shower, try bending at your waist and touching your feet a few times (remember to micro-bend your knees and not lock them!) and just let your head and neck hang for a few minutes. Incorporating a few stretches into your morning ritual will also help you release any mental tension and make you stronger.
5. Have a nice breakfast. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day as it provides you with the nutrients your body needs for performance. By taking the time to eat in the morning, you’ll also be contributing to maintaining a healthy body weight and have more energy throughout the day.
6. Start with a clean slate. Remind yourself that every morning is a new opportunity to start fresh. So forget yesterday, forgive yourself and start over!
7. Connect with yourself. While you brew coffee or tea, take some time to breathe, close your eyes and connect with the present moment and savour it. Take these few minutes to focus and get your mind clear.
To Your Greatest Health,
~ 7 Morning Rituals That Can Change Your Life (For the better)! ~