Life changes all the time…..so never assume that you are stuck where you are?
Do you ever feel like a goldfish going round in circles, making the same mistakes, thinking the same negative thoughts, repeating the same patterns, worrying about the same fears and dreading that nothing will ever change?
Do these words cross your mind every day…..
• I am stuck
• I am in a rut
• I have had enough
• When will something change in my life?
This was me for years, feeling totally stuck and trapped in my own mind – with seemingly no way out. I would desperately do the same thing time and time again to improve the relationship with my mum; but I thought I was doing something different as I said new words, bought new gifts and held back my tongue.
But it was always coming from this place of NEED, of EXPECTATION, of pure desperation to be loved and wanted. So nothing ever changed…..it only got worse.
If you are feeling stuck right now with seemingly no way out of your situation take heart today – YOU CAN get over any hurdle – you have the power to do this. And why do you have the power, simply because you have a choice!
Ask yourself right now – ‘Who is holding me prisoner of my old habits and patterns?’ Only YOU and you have the choice to change.
Have a think today about some of these to help you stop feeling trapped and stuck:
• Feeling stuck and trapped is only a feeling, it’s not reality – we tend to look outside ourselves to fix the situation, try looking inwards as the answers lie there.
• Look at how you feel, think and act – it is YOUR responsibility how you act and you can’t change your situation but you can change your perception of it.
• Is that old news going around your head seriously worth thinking over and over again – are you gaining anything from it? By continually thinking about yesterday’s stuff it’s actually like driving with one foot on the brakes and one foot on the pedal trying to move forwards.
• Change takes courage and this is because it can be painful; you might know the answers to your change and it’s the answers that you don’t like, but trust me nothing is more painful than staying right where you are. This pain of being stuck will grow.
• Stop making excuses…..it is so true that you will find a way if you really want to do something. Choose what is best for you, don’t come up with another excuse. Don’t wait for something to happen, there isn’t a magic wand.
• Don’t let other people’s opinions stop you, they haven’t walked your shoes you have a choice as to whether to allow their voices to cloud your mind. Trust your intuition. Trust yourself.
• Be yourself – this has an amazing effect on others, it allows them to also be themselves. It’s like a ripple effect.
• Allow time for yourself as real change comes from the inside – the more you concentrate on that inner growth and YOUR goals, the more confident and happier you will be.
• You are further along your path than you think you are…..if you feel you’ve been in one place for a very long time, take a small step forward and it will feel like a mile!
You can do this, you are worth this, take the smallest step today…that’s all you have to do and you are further on yesterday!
Please share your biggest struggle with staying stuck, or how we can support you to move forwards! Can’t wait to hear from you!