You got married for the long run but lately you’ve been feeling like you’re really not going to make it. Does this sound like you right now? You’ve been feeling:
- Resentment – you can’t help but feel the anger inside as he continually criticizes you leaving you feeling that raw emotion of being emotionally abused.
- Frustration – you can’t seem to understand each other anymore and you’ve lost that connection together.
- Like a failure – you’re upset that harder you try to make things work the worse they get; you feel he’s totally neglecting you.
- Desperate – as each day goes by you feel your relationship slipping away, you just don’t feel appreciated anymore.
- You’re on a treadmill – you feel all of the above, which is interpreted by your partner as criticism so he withdraws and so you feel angry as the cycle continues.
- So you can start today by looking at you, not him. Notice how you feel when he triggers you; understand your sensitivities when perhaps you are overreacting and whilst you take a deep breath step back reassess how you WANT to react.
- Expect less from him; notice the feelings you so want from him and start creating these yourself.
- Start listening to him and agree with ANY truths he says, he will begin to feel valued. Be kind, not rude and take responsibility for anything you’ve done wrong.
- Be patient and never give up! Keep your ‘cup full’ so you can keep giving your best when he isn’t giving his – this is the very essence of love.