You got married for the long run but lately you’ve been feeling like you’re really not going to make it.
Does this sound like you right now?
You’ve been feeling:
- Resentment – you can’t help but feel the anger inside as he continually criticizes you leaving you feeling that raw emotion of being emotionally abused.
- Frustration – you can’t seem to understand each other anymore and you’ve lost that connection together.
- Like a failure – you’re upset that harder you try to make things work the worse they get; you feel he’s totally neglecting you.
- Desperate – as each day goes by you feel your relationship slipping away, you just don’t feel appreciated anymore.
- You’re on a treadmill – you feel all of the above, which is interpreted by your partner as criticism so he withdraws and so you feel angry as the cycle continues.
You so wish he was more affectionate, understanding and forgiving but instead he’s been totally neglecting your emotions.
You would really love to be able to communicate, to share a deep bond together and to feel supported whilst you create dreams together.
I’ve been working with couples for the past few years to create healthy, fulfilling relationships with themselves and each other. They are committed to one another; have that foundation of total honesty and trust, they are able to share their vulnerabilities, have the patience and forgiveness a marriage needs whilst being able to openly communicate their hopes and fears.
All of the feelings you have are really in the eyes of the beholder and often tied to childhood wounds, which is where I can help you heal emotionally, freeing you from your negative mindset and behaviours.
Through emotional healing and therapy, you will create
a foundation of being able to fully love yourself enabling you to connect with your partner at a much deeper level creating that special bond you so crave.
- So you can start today by looking at you, not him. Notice how you feel when he triggers you; understand your sensitivities when perhaps you are overreacting and whilst you take a deep breath step back reassess how you WANT to react.
- Expect less from him; notice the feelings you so want from him and start creating these yourself.
- Start listening to him and agree with ANY truths he says, he will begin to feel valued. Be kind, not rude and take responsibility for anything you’ve done wrong.
- Be patient and never give up! Keep your ‘cup full’ so you can keep giving your best when he isn’t giving his – this is the very essence of love.
Know that you are responsible for your reactions and how you feel and not how he feels. Start making changes in your life that make you feel good, increasing your self-worth and self-esteem. When you feel better on the inside he’s going to want to be around you more naturally, so you stop relying on him to make you happy.
I want you to know that you can do this, know that you are a powerful woman who can change the way you feel and create the relationship you so crave. It will be the most rewarding valuable journey of your life. You are not alone on this journey; please feel free to reach out to me at any time, I am always happy to hear from you.