Try a change of scenery.
After a while, seeing the same old sights and same old faces can start to drag you down. Sometimes, we need a little bit more stimulation, and making a move, long or short, can fit the bill. Where you live, and how you define your home, is part of your self-definition, meaning that, if you’re tired of where you are, you’re tired of how you’re living.
- It can be financially difficult or impractical to uproot yourself and move to a different country, but you could try looking at a new neighbourhood.
- Alternatively, try doing a thorough re-organising or your house as it is. If it looks new, it’ll feel new.
Take more breaks.
Learning to unpack the psychological burden you carry throughout the day is absolutely essential to living a happy, healthy existence. It’s important to take frequent breaks throughout the day, whether you’re doing physical work or mental work, to give yourself the change to come back to that work with fresh eyes. Breaks help you stay on task and maintain schedules.
- Try taking a break every hour to stay on schedule, for about 10-20 minutes. Studies show that this length of break is the most effective at keeping you on task, more so than trying to work through without taking any breaks at all.
Exercise more. Getting exercise has mood-enhancing and anxiety-preventing qualities, and recent studies reveal that people who exercise more are more readily equipped to deal with the stresses and anxieties of everyday life. It’s also a great way to hit the reset after a particularly stressful day or week. Sweat it out instead of stressing over it.
Change your appearance.
Making subtle or significant changes in your appearance can have a big effect on the way you perceive yourself and the way you carry yourself, and the way you’re perceived by others, especially in the workplace.
Dress the way you want to be perceived by others.
- While it’s easy to suggest that dressing up more will give you a more trustworthy and reliable effect it’s just as important to look how you want to be perceived, to get a fresh outlook on your life.
- Maybe you don’t want to look reliable. Get an old leather jacket to surprise your friends. Start fresh by embracing the look you admire.
Sleep it off. Don’t neglect the psychological benefit of a good night of sleep on your ability to recalibrate and get a fresh start on things. Sleep deprivation affects your cognitive function significantly, which can have adverse affects on your mood, your ability to perform simple tasks effectively, and your overall physical health and well-being. If you want to feel better about each new day, make sure you get enough rest between those days.
If you’re struggling with life and not sure of the next step to take, I can help you. To start your year off in the best possible way look no further in becoming the new positive you. Book a FREE Discovery Session
now. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain!